Thank you for all your hard work, I will recommend you to friends and family if they ever need your services.
They’re all diagnosed and treated by a number of medical professionals, including your GP, A&E department, a gastroenterologist, an endoscopist, a general and colo-rectal surgeon.
Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal conditions involve the digestive system, oesophagus, stomach, bowels (also known as the intestines or colon), liver and gallbladder. They’re all diagnosed and treated by a number of medical professionals, including your GP, A&E department, a gastroenterologist, an endoscopist, a general and colo-rectal surgeon.
Investigations into the cause of conditions relating to these areas are often carried out using methods such as a colonography, colonoscopy, endoscopy or sigmoidoscopy. In most instances, this is a straight forward procedure, but on rare occasions things don’t go according to plan. Sometimes serious conditions and diseases are misdiagnosed or there is a delay in reaching the correct diagnosis. Injuries can also occur during surgery. Types of cases involving gastroenterology include:
- Delay in diagnosing bowel (colon) cancer
- Misdiagnosis of Crohn’s disease
- Bowel surgery injury
- Bowel perforation
- Injury during colonoscopy
- Failing to diagnose ulcerative colitis
- Delay in diagnosing liver disease
Proving a medical negligence case involving gastroenterology:
- Breach of duty: Any medical professional presented with symptoms relating to your digestive system owes a duty of care to you when they diagnose and treat, or consider referring you for further investigation. We have to prove, with expert evidence, that the standard of care you received fell below that of a reasonable and competent medical professional skilled in their particular field and was therefore negligent
- Harm: we need to prove that the negligence caused you harm
If you believe you’ve suffered as a result of negligence by a medical professional which has caused you harm, you may be entitled to compensation. Call us on 0800 007 006 and we’ll talk through your situation and advise if you can make a no win, no fee claim.